Have you recently graduated
and looking for an absolute business college? If business studies excite you
and you want to learn it, first you should be able to choose a good business school
for yourself. Business schools provide you with a life-changing experience that
aids your imaginative skills and ultimately enables you to pursue your highest
is it important to compare and then select a business school?
Before moving on to the
actual steps of selecting a business school, first, you must know why is it
important? It is crucial to wisely compare and then choose a business school
because of the following reasons;
- –You must understand the application requirements: every college have their own system of selecting students, so pay attention to it to get selected in your desired college.
- –You need to identify alignment with your post-MBA career goals: carefully analyse how each college would help you shape a better and more successful career
- –Also, to identify the aspects of business school that you value: first analyse what you are looking for. Is it getting greater salaries, getting higher posts, or building leadership qualities? Then choose a college accordingly
- –To understand the cost of pursuing an MBA: calculate your finances and how much you are willing to invest in the course.
- –Determine your chances of getting into your target business school: read about all the colleges you are applying for. Then deeply introspect and reflect upon your own skills and determine how much you need to prepare to get into your desired college.
to shortlist a business college?
Now that you know why it is
important to compare and select a business college, now you need to know how to
do it. These six steps would help you shortlist a business college for yourself;
- –Identify your goals: introspect and identify what you are seeking from this course. Identify your post-MBA career goals in advance.
- –Assess yourself: a self-assessment serves both as a reality check and as a guideline to improve your profile, and become worthy of securing an admit to a top Business School.
- –Selecting a business school: look for the following factors while choosing a business school
- ..Extra-curricular activities
- ..Chances for personality improvement, etc.
You should always make your
life decisions wisely whether it is about choosing a college or making other
important decisions in your life. So, these are the factors that can help you
choose you’re a great college and probably help you achieve your dream career.
Pomodoro technique is a powerful time
management technique invented by Francesco Cirillo in the late 1980s. He
developed a time management method that included regular intervals. This
technique has proven to be one of the most useful and practical approaches to
time management for many people, including students, programmers, working
professionals, etc. Let’s see how this technique works and why it is so effective?
What is the Pomodoro technique?
The Pomodoro technique was first
invented by Francesco Cirillo when he was a student himself. He developed this
method to manage his time in college and deliver his best within the given
time. Furthermore, the name, on the other hand, was coined from the Italian
word “Pomodoro” which when translates to English means tomato. Tomato or
Pomodoro because he used a tomato-shaped timer as a part of the process. So,
what exactly is the Pomodoro technique? It is a method of managing time by
breaking it down in intervals, traditionally of 25 minutes in length, separated
by short breaks. His method was so powerful that now many apps and websites
provide timers and instructions about how to perform this technique.
What to do in Pomodoro method?
Traditionally, the Pomodoro technique
consists of six steps which are as follows;
- Choose the task you want to work on.
You can just pick any task or work as per your preference.
- Set the timer for 25 minutes. You do
not need the Pomodoro timer for that, you can just use your regular alarm clock
or your smartphone to set the timer/alarm.
- Work on your task until the
timer/alarm rings. Be focused for that amount of time on your work only. Do not
- When the timer/ alarm goes off put a
checkmark on a piece of paper. This will indicate that you completed a task.
- Take a break. Meditate, sing or
listen to a song, drink a cup of coffee, etc. basically anything other than
your work. This will help your brain to relax. However, you must remember that
you need to take a short break, anywhere between 3-4 minutes.
- After every four Pomodoros take a
longer break. You can grab your lunch at this time. Your break should range
anywhere between 20 to 30 minutes. This will give your brain to relax and ready
for the next set of Pomodoros.
Pomodoro technique, Timebox,
Iterative and incremental development etc. are all impelling time management
techniques which can help you better manage your time. Furthermore, by using
these tools you can become better at managing your time naturally as it will
eventually come into the habit.
There is a famous
saying “great leaders are great decision-makers.” It means that if you want to
become a great leader and manage a group of people under you, you must develop
your decision-making skills. Moreover, being a management student, this is the
very basic but important skill you must learn.
Great leaders know how
to balance their sentiments and make essential decisions based on what should
be done, rather than doing something influenced by their personal choices. Here
are three powerful qualities you need to master to become an exceptional
Emotional intelligence is the ability to understand and manage your emotions including those of others. It is one of the most important qualities a leader must possess. Emotional intelligence includes self-awareness, social awareness, self-management, and relationship management. Where self-awareness is the foundation for all aspects of emotional intelligence.
Emotional intelligence is necessary
Life is full of uncertainties, but we as humans are not very fond of uncertain situations. We do not like changes or secrets in our lives. We wish for the smooth running of our all situations in life. But this affects our decision-making power. Additionally, what makes making the right decisions more difficult is because we fear the outcomes might be uncertain and variable. The key is in accepting the uncertainty rather than trying to resolve it. Doing this will eventually help you focus the limited time, energy, and money used in making the best decisions.
Understanding the psychology of others is an important part of leadership. Many think that a leader is someone who is strict and not connected with their people, but it is not the case. Great leaders know how to connect with their people and understand their problems by coming to their shoes.
Put yourself in other’s shoes
The secret to becoming
a great leader or manager is that you need to be able to control and manage
your own emotions, understand other people’s emotions and connect with them.
However, these are not the only skills that a leader or a manager need to
develop in them. There are other factors too that affects the decision making
of a manager such as Political Awareness, patience, great memory,
and even luck.